Monday, January 4, 2016

Post New Year

The weekend; supposed to go to Gavin's friend's party with mum, but we got the time wrong. And mum decided to eat at home as we have a lot of leftovers. Accidentally forgo bathing Mocha who is much overdue for one and, waited for Jen to finish his work in the office instead. Had a craving for crispy goodness, and had a quick bite at a near Yong Tau Foo place. Nearly reignited my love for pretty fabrics during a stroll in Spotlight.

It's probably around this week or last that I discovered that Jen has a really ticklish ear. Funny incident during his stay; after watching Kung Fury, I started wrapping him in the quilt and he innocently asked what was I doing. Quietly, I completed that task, and then proceeded to tickle his ear. That look of utter betrayal is hilarious, and we were laughing quite a bit, with me still randomly giggling to myself after.

On Sunday, there was a RnH New Year meetup, and before that, we met Marcus, Poh Hui, and Marcus' bro for climbing. Marcus looked taller somehow, and wasn't that far off from Jen. Met up with the rest at Kanna Curry House, and introduced Jen as my colleague at first, and then boyfriend. I'm not good at this, but the rest got a laugh out of it, so it turned out okay.

Mocha finally had his shower, and despite the initial grumpiness, he always enjoyed the massage and looked happier in the subsequent days.

Me, Jen and Mom ended up watching some Indian ghost stories back to back, and I got Jen to stay over because I find it scary. 

[roughly written] Monday was also the first day of school for 2016, and it jammed on the way to work. After work, the rest suddenly decided to go bowling. Jen had work to do, and at first I wanted to just chill at home. But he was hungry, and eventually we drove to Coliseum Cafe. 

Checked out for parking spaces and the mosque area.

Walking at night, with pre-Merdeka era buildings feels as though I'm in a different country

feel so lively with all the high spirits around, now it's so drastically.different with cars oni, If everywhere is overpopulated with people, I wonder how each of us would interact with such close proximity
=========================

From Reddit:

Go ahead and buy something nice. See how it feels. You'll soon realize that the feeling was fleeting and didn't do much to raise your happiness level. Remember how fleeting it was the next time you want to indulge in something. The conclusion you should arrive at here is that actually, spending on nice things doesn't make much of a difference so keep your baseline spending levels low.

=========================

From New Minimalism:

You have the power over your stuff.  While you respect your things, you are the one in control.  

Have extremely high standards.  Specifically about what is allowed past the threshold of your house.  No more “Oh, this is kinda neat!” or “I can always use another tank top.”  You are supremely selective, a connoisseur of your belongings.
Exercise gratitude. You know that your basic needs are taken care of and you are eternally grateful for that.  
=========================


No comments:

Post a Comment